Thursday 11 June 2009

... and onto Munch's prints

Edvard Munch, Melancholy i, 1896
woodcut
[click on the image to get to the exhibition site to see a larger image]


I went to the preview tonight of the Hunterian Art Gallery's show of Edvard Munch's Prints. It was busy with important people and I was far too tired to pay too much attention other than a quick glance.

Hm... many woodcuts, many seashores and many figures... lonely and melancholic ones (but that's no surprise). I need to go back again, and again, and again... seeing that it's only 1 minute away from my office.

Maybe tomorrow at lunch, with my sketchbook. Fabulous marks, textures and colours...

Like this one.

Just a glimpse for tonight, but more of this to follow.

But first: a little bit of disappearing inbetween... to a birthday, over the weekend... After all, this is birthday month! So happy birthday, P. (yesterday), Torben (today!), R. (tomorrow), B., K., A., K., K., paint & pastel, and of course myself right at the end... happily planning the latter with a canoe trip on the Spree... - it doesn't make up for my assorted boat envy of my fellow watermarkers, but it'll be very fabulous all the same...

No comments: