Saturday 22 March 2008

I've been practising...

... collecting stuff.

Well - admittedly, with a day on the beach I've always found it easy to come home with all sorts of treasures. The beach day this week fell right into the middle of a series of intense low pressure zones moving across the West Coast. So, wild winds, sea and waves washed ashore plenty of findings.

While the pictures are uploading to Flickr, here's what I've found: Some smoothed down ceramics and tiles, a bit of rusty metal (I hope it's not from one of the submarines that are busily moving up and down this coast) and some pretty rocks.


There were bigger finds that resisted moving.


And of course: the winds, the sea and the waves...


PS: that was once the rain had stopped...

3 comments:

Yellow said...

I love found objects, and am lucky enough to live near the beach too. Where will you have room for them? Or will you draw them, then scatter them on the beach again?

Jean Levert Hood said...

Gorgeous photos!! I live far from the beaches (US) but every few years get to the Florida or Alabama beaches. What wonderful finds! I can see it was an awesome day!

Gesa said...

The few ones I picked up fit easily on my shelf, but yes: lack of space is an issue...
Thank you, Jean - awesome indeed. I grew up not too far from the sea but somehow never really went, - that only changed once I moved to Scotland...