Sunday 16 November 2008

Smaller still

Ok... some more studying. Using smoother paper for the smaller scale, I tried to see how much I can simplify/strengthen the composition on the small ACEO scale - 8.9x6.4cm. A bit of a challenge for the large Townsend Terrage stick that is my cobalt blue. But very good fun. I also played with the titling - rather than sea studies, they are now see studies (as in look/see, but also the German for sea).

Have a look at the see studies:

See Studies #1

See Studies #1
ACEO, pastel on board
8.9x6.4cm


See Studies #2
See Studies #2
ACEO, pastel on board
8.9x6.4cm

See Studies #3
See Studies #3
ACEO, pastel on board
8.9x6.4cm

And seeing that I'm determined (or at least intent) to cross-fund my end of year present-buying habit with some sales in turn, these are now available in my Etsy shop [www.gesah.etsy.com] :)

2 comments:

Brian McGurgan said...

I love the color in these, Gesa - the blues, greens, purples, and pink - They seem electrically vibrant. Congratulations on the sales!

Gesa said...

Thank you, Brian. Yes - definitely electric. I think it's partly the small scale that makes them jump that much... and the lack of neutrals possibly too.