Saturday 28 July 2007

Bedrock and Clouds No 5

This is just going to be a quick post: the n key on my keyboard is still broken, so every typing becomes a bit tedious (or trying to replace with words without the 'n'). I finished a few of my paintings and, in the process of formatting photos for the almost ready website) redid some photos that were still missing.
This is the final one of the Bedrock and Clouds series (it's #5)


Bedrock and Clouds #5, oil on canvas, 40x40cm

It was one where I tried to use the technique Lyonel Feininger used by applying geometric shapes and wiping back the oil colours before applying the next layer.
This link should take you to Google's image search of his pictures - look out for his 'Vogelwolke', which is one of my favourites and his Gelmeroda series.

No comments: